We have previously provided information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak including additional policies and information to keep our valued employees up to date with the developing situation in respect of the global pandemic. We will continue to maintain the employee website domains with the most up to date guidance from the UK Government and the NHS.
We will provide additional guidance as the situation evolves. The latest information contained within this document is accurate as of the published date stated above. Please always check you are following the latest advice.
The UK Government have introduced emergency legislation into Parliament (the COVID-19 Bill). This will enable them to offer further financial support to those affected by the pandemic. A financial support package has already been announced by the Chancellor, however as the crisis continues further announcements and measures will likely be taken. We will update you on those relevant to you as they are published.
The latest information on the Government’s COVID-19 strategy and action plan can be accessed here: https://gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan
The Prime Minister is providing daily updates and is regularly accompanied by the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Science Advisor to update the nation on developments regarding potential treatments and the development of a vaccine.
If you suspect that you may have COVID-19 or display any of the symptoms (such as dry cough, fever or other flu/cold like symptoms) then please visit https://nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for further information about the virus and what you should do.
For advice in the following areas, you may wish to use the following resources:
- About Coronavirus Disease – https://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.htm
- Basic Protective Measures – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Employment advice – https://www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus
- Employment advice – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Mental Health – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
- Self Isolation – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
- Self Isolation – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people
This information is correct as of 26 March 2020.