CORONAVIRUS EMPLOYEE UPDATE
Please find below our latest employee update for Prestwick Care Staff. This update is correct as of 29 April 2020. Please continue to view the company website to obtain the most recent employee updates. On behalf of Prestwick Care, we would like to thank you for your hard work, commitment, and dedication during this unprecedented and uncertain time.
We understand the challenges that you may be facing and we are here to support you through this. As part of this support, we would like to share some resources on mental health services across Newcastle and Gateshead that have been provided by the local authority. These resources can be used to help during the Covid-19 outbreak, to support staff, and the people that you look after.
Health and Wellbeing Support for NHS and Care Staff
There is a range of wellbeing support which is now available:
• A free wellbeing support helpline, including coaching, bereavement care, mental health and financial help on 0300 131 7000, 7.00 am – 11.00 pm seven days a week
• A 24/7 text alternative to the above helpline – simply text NHSPH to 85258
• Online peer to peer, team and personal resilience support, including through Silver Cloud, and free mindfulness apps including Unmind, Headspace, Sleepio and Daylight
• Public Health England (PHE) has developed new COVID-19 content for the ‘Every Mind Matters’ website, to bring clinically approved advice to the public on how to look after our mental health throughout these difficult times https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
Children and Young People’s Mental Health Support
• Single Point of Access – PHONE: 0303 123 1147 EMAIL: ntawnt.NGSPA@nhs.net
• For Crisis situations Contact: 0191 2466913
• Rise – Mental Health Support Teams https://www.rise-ne.co.uk/about-rise
• 0-19 Service Gateshead – 03000 031 918/Newcastle – 0191 282 3319
• Streetwise – www.streetwisenorth.org.uk
• Children North East – www.children-ne.org.uk
• Kalmer Counselling – www.kalmer-counselling.co.uk
• North East Counselling Service – www.necounselling.org.uk
• Kooth (online only) – www.kooth.com
• Child Bereavement UK https://www.childbereavementuk.org/get-support
Adult and Older adult Mental Health Support
• Gateshead Talking Therapies – Tel: 0191 283 2541 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Talking Helps Newcastle Tel: 0191 282 6600 A wide range of resources can also be found at https://www.talkinghelpsnewcastle.org/resources/
• Tyneside and Northumberland Mind – Tel: 0191 477 4545 Counselling service for residents of Gateshead.
• Newcastle or Gateshead Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Service on 0191 814 8899
• Moving Forward 0191 222 0324 helps anyone who is affected by mental ill-health
• Recovery College Collective 0191 261 0948 https://www.recoverycoco.com/about-us
• Cruse Bereavement Care Tel: 0808 808 1677 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
• Alzheimer’s Society Tel: 0333 150 3456 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and 10am to 4pm on weekends
• Dementia Tel: 0191 323 3342 https://www.dementiamatters.net/
People with a learning disabilities and/or Autism
• Community Team Learning Disabilities (CTLD) including Positive Behavioural Support (Newcastle) Telephone number: 0191 210 6868 email@example.com
• Community Team Learning Disabilities (CTLD) including Positive Behavioural Support (Gateshead) Telephone Number 01914780650 GatesheadLD@cntw.nhs.uk
• Skills for people Tel: 0191 281 8737 firstname.lastname@example.org regular contact and support for Newcastle residents
• Your Voice Counts 0191 478 6472 (10am-4pm) email@example.com regular contact and support for Gateshead and Newcastle residents
Your welfare and safety are paramount at this time so please follow all government guidance in relation to Covid-19/Coronavirus.
If you have any queries about this notice, please contact HR@malhotragroup.co.uk.
This update is correct as of 28 April 2020. Please keep in touch with your line manager in relation to further updates.