Ageing is a natural part of life, and many seniors wish to maintain their independence and comfort as they grow older. At Prestwick Care, we understand the importance of “ageing in place.” We’ll explore what ageing in place means in the context of our care home and how we prioritise residents’ comfort and independence.
What is Ageing in Place?
Ageing in place is a philosophy that encourages seniors to live independently in their chosen residences for as long as possible, even as their care needs evolve. It promotes a sense of familiarity, continuity, and emotional well-being. At Prestwick Care, we embrace this philosophy by creating an environment that supports our resident’s desire to age gracefully and comfortably within our care home.
- Personalised Living Spaces: We offer residents the opportunity to personalise their living spaces. Residents can bring their own furniture, decorations, and cherished belongings to create a homey atmosphere that is both comfortable and familiar.
- Homely Atmosphere: Our focus is on creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere throughout the home. Which includes cosy common areas, comfortable seating, and beautiful gardens where residents can relax and enjoy the outdoors.
- Nutrition and Dining: We prioritise residents’ nutrition intake and dining experiences, so our menus consist of high-quality and nutritious meals for all residents, with all dishes freshly prepared using locally sourced and organic ingredients where possible. Our menus are created with residents’ preferences in mind, and we accommodate special dietary needs. We encourage communal dining to foster social connections and make mealtime an enjoyable experience.
- Individualised Care Plans: Every resident at Prestwick Care receives a personalised care plan tailored to their unique needs and preferences. Allow the residents to maintain as much independence as possible while receiving the necessary support.
- Engagement and Activities: We offer a variety of engaging activities and programs that cater to residents’ interests and abilities. Whether it’s arts and crafts, music therapy, or physical fitness, our residents have the opportunity to stay active and engaged.
- Access to Healthcare: Our care home is equipped with on-site medical services, nurses, and access to healthcare professionals, ensuring that residents receive prompt attention and care when needed.
- Safety and Security: We prioritise residents’ safety through features such as handrails, non-slip flooring, and 24/7 monitoring. Ensure peace of mind for residents and their families.
Community and Support
- Social Connections: We foster a sense of community among residents through social events, outings, and opportunities for residents to build relationships with their peers.
- Family Involvement: Families play a vital role in supporting ageing in place. We encourage family involvement and provide resources to help families stay connected and informed about their loved one’s care.
At Prestwick Care, ageing in place is not just a concept, it’s a way of life. We are committed to ensuring that our residents experience the highest level of comfort and independence possible while receiving the care and support they need. Our care home in Newcastle, Sunderland and Gateshead are designed to be a place where residents can thrive and enjoy their golden years with dignity and contentment. We are proud to be a part of their journey toward ageing in place.