Prestwick Care are currently recruiting for a Housekeeper at Belle Vue House in Heaton. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking for a rewarding career within the care industry to join Prestwick Care at an exciting time for the Organisation.
Belle Vue Heaton is located in Heaton just outside of central Newcastle. It offers all of its residents great facilities and also has a beautiful landscape garden which they can enjoy. It is also accessible to the coast and into the City Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To plan, implement and supervise the provision of quality domestic and laundry provision, in conjunction with other staff.
• To ensure all relevant staff comply with the policies and procedures of the company.
• To maintain a safe and secure environment for Residents, Staff Members and Visitors.
• Prioritise workload of, and allocate tasks to, Domestic and Laundry Staff.
• Create and maintain cleaning and laundry regimes (daily, weekly, periodically etc.) for all areas of the Care Home in line with the Company’s quality philosophy.
• Liaise with the Home Manager when ordering cleaning products. Undertake monthly stock checks.
• Prepare housekeeping and laundry rotas in conjunction with the Home Manager ensure Staff Members adhere to these rotas.
• Ensure all equipment used by you is clean and well maintained.
• Thorough cleaning of all areas, including dusting, vacuuming, polishing, restocking and washing down of all areas.
• Shampooing of carpets.
• Cleaning of curtains and furniture.
• Emptying / cleaning of waste bins
• Liaise with the Home Manager regarding the effectiveness of processes and procedures to maximise relevant standards.
What we are looking for:
• Good communication Skills.
• Genuine interest in, and experience of working with, the relevant Client group.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Team Player.
• Satisfactory DBS check and check against the ISA list (where applicable).
• Have a genuine interest in high standards of cleanliness.
Why should you apply?
• Full training package.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Increasing portfolio of experience within the homes.
• Supportive environment.
• Staff Leisure Discount Card.
Please don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply with your CV today!To plan, implement and supervise the provision of quality domestic and laundry provision, in conjunction with other staff. To ensure all relevant staff comply with the policies and procedures of the company. To maintain a safe and secure environment for Residents, Staff Members and Visitors.
Apply on Indeed