Prestwick Care, an expanding group of successful care homes in the North East are now recruiting for an Activities Co-ordinator at Brooke House. The successful activities co-ordinator will plan, organise and co-ordinate activities for active daily living for each resident or group within our Care setting. The role will also involve assisting and supporting carers in developing activity plans and organising external outings.
Brooke House is located in Denton, just outside of Newcastle. It is a state-of-the-art care home which offers stunning views of the whole of the Tyne Valley to its residents. Its spacious and luxurious accommodation gives the sense of comfort and opulence to its residents and families.
Job Title: Activities Co-ordinator
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Ronald Drive, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 7AY
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player
- Satisfactory DBS check and check against the ISA List (where applicable)
- Assist Residents in all aspects of their daily activity programme
- Assist in the promotion of strategies to improve stimulation.
- Observe care planning needs for Residents and complete written daily records
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Home.
- Escort Residents travelling to and from the Care Centre to activities
- Provide risk assessments in conjunction with nursing staff for levels activity/outings.
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any significant incident.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Home.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
- Organise entertainers as required in line with needs of the residents.
- Formulate individual social/life plans for each resident with support of the care team, relatives and residents.
- To support the home in fund raising for the residents social activities beyond what is allocated by the company.
- Produce appropriate marketing material with support of Home Manager.
Should you be interested in this role, please apply with your CV.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person
Apply on Indeed