Prestwick Care, an expanding group of successful care homes in the North East are now recruiting for an Activities Co-ordinator at Belle Vue Heaton. The successful activities co-ordinator will plan, organise and co-ordinate activities for active daily living for each resident or group within our Care setting. The role will also involve assisting and supporting carers in developing activity plans and organising external outings.
Belle Vue Heaton is located in Heaton just outside of central Newcastle. It offers all of its residents great facilities and also has a beautiful landscape garden which they can enjoy. It is also accessible to the coast and into the City Centre.
Job Title: Activities Co-ordinator
Job Type: Part Time
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player
- Satisfactory DBS check and check against the ISA List (where applicable)
- Assist Residents in all aspects of their daily activity programme
- Assist in the promotion of strategies to improve stimulation.
- Observe care planning needs for Residents and complete written daily records
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Home.
- Escort Residents travelling to and from the Care Centre to activities
- Provide risk assessments in conjunction with nursing staff for levels activity/outings.
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any significant incident.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Home.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
- Organise entertainers as required in line with needs of the residents.
- Formulate individual social/life plans for each resident with support of the care team, relatives and residents.
- To support the home in fund raising for the residents social activities beyond what is allocated by the company.
- Produce appropriate marketing material with support of Home Manager.
Apply on Indeed