Prestwick Care are currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager to work at Brooke House. The successful candidate will oversee and maintain the care of Resident’s within the Care Home. In the absence of the Home Manager will take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Care Home, and ensure that all Company policies and procedures, and all legal requirements, are adhered to within the defined timescales.
Brooke House is located in Denton, just outside of Newcastle. It is a state-of-the-art care home which offers stunning views of the whole of the Tyne Valley to its residents. Its spacious and luxurious accommodation gives the sense of comfort and opulence to its residents and families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual care plans for service users, and assist care staff in their responsibilities.
• Taking responsibility for all clinical decisions
• Carrying out all nursing interventions in a professional manner and in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct for nurses.
• Ensuring all documentation is completed and evaluated as required by the care home in a timely manner and in accordance with the standards set by Prestwick Care and the NMC.
• Ensuring all Staff Members contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the Care Home, and to the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of Residents.
• Interacting with Residents’ to ensure that their health care needs are being met and resolve any problems where appropriate.
• Ordering, receiving, storing, administering or supporting to self-administer and dispose of medication in accordance with the policy and procedure of Prestwick Care.
• Practicing maximum integrity in all dealings with Residents’ personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with Residents
• Ensuring the Care Home operates in accordance with all statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations.
• Implementing and initiating induction training for all Staff Members.
• Being ‘On Call’ for advice/action in any emergencies which may arise out of hours.
• Adhering to, and assist with the implementation of all HR policies & procedures.
• Liaising with external professionals e.g, social workers, GPs and other professionals
• Assisting the Home Manager with all aspects of the running of the home.
• In the absence of the Home Manager taking responsibility for the running of the home.
What we are looking for:
• Strong care home experience
• First level nurse qualification
• Previous management/supervisory experience
• Team player
• Satisfactory DBS Check, employment references and check against the ISA List (where applicable)
Why should you apply?
• Full training package
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Increasing portfolio of experience within the homes
• Supportive environment
• Staff Leisure Discount Card
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for this role, please apply with your CV.
Apply on Indeed