Prestwick Care is a successful family run business. We are a top care home provider based in the North East of England and we are currently recruiting for a Domestic Assistant at Bede House, to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene within the Care Home, whilst ensuring a safe, comfortable environment at all times.
Bede House is the newest addition to Prestwick Care since opening in December 2021. Situated in Ryhope, Bede House offers residential care for the elderly, requiring specialist care and nursing. Bede house also offers specialist care for young people with brain injury and persons suffering from underlying mental health conditions.
Job Title: Domestic Assistant
Reporting to: House Keeper
Main Job Purpose and Scope:
- Ensure daily, weekly and rota cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard.
- Cleaning dining rooms/lounges/lavatories.
- Dust and polish furniture and windowsills.
- Comply with infection control guidelines.
- Restock toiletries, soaps, towels.
- Maintain a professional knowledge and competence.
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
- Understand and respect the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- Previous domestic experience.
- Understanding of the care home environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully within a team.
If this vacancy interests you, please apply with your CV.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Apply on Indeed