Prestwick Care is a successful family run business. We are a top care home provider based in the North East of England and we are currently recruiting for a Head Chef/2nd Chef to work in our care home, Hadrian House.
Hadrian House is set in the beautifully landscaped gardens within Wallsend. It provides a welcoming and homely environment for all its residents.
Main Job Purpose & Scope:
- To manage the preparation of all meals to the Residents and Staff/Relatives of the Care Home.
- To manage and supervise kitchen staff and work within a delegated budget.
- To ensure all Health and Safety/Environmental Health compliance.
Key Areas of Personal Responsibility and Accountability:
- Create and maintain cooking and cleaning regimes (daily, weekly, periodically etc) for all areas of the kitchen in line with the Company’s quality philosophy.
- To recruit with the manager, train and line manage all staff required in the preparation of meals.
- To prepare menus in advance in a regular and varied way with the manager and ensure that all meals are prepared and presented to an acceptable standard.
- To ensure that any special dietary meals are prepared and ensure that adequate food stock controls are in place.
- To ensure than an inventory of kitchen equipment is updated and managed.
- To ensure that the meal preparation areas comply with all regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that proper quality control systems are adopted for all aspects of the meal preparation management.
- To ensure that food handling, cleanliness, health, safety, risk assessments and that all procedures required within the meal preparation areas operate to the highest possible standards. Also, to ensure that the meal preparation areas operate to current and any future legal or regulatory requirement.
- Arrange/participate in Staff and Client meetings as required and undertake all statutory and relevant training as identified by H.R.
- Liaise with the Home Manager when ordering cleaning products and undertake monthly stock checks.
- Manage and maintain agreed budgets, in conjunction with the Home Manager/Head Office.
- Interview for new Staff Members with the Home Manager as and when required, in line with the Company’s Recruitment policy.
- Supervise and instruct junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Centre, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Adhere to the Care Home’s disposal of waste policy.
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
Other Responsibilities/Deputising Requirements:
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Home. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
If this vacancy sounds like something you would be interested in, please send your CV ASAP.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In personTo assist the head chef to provide a high quality catering service and take charge of the service in the absence of the head chef. To work within company policies and procedures. To ensure health and safety and environmental health compliance.To manage the preparation of all meals to the residents and staff/relatives of the care home. To manage and supervise kitchen staff. To work within a delegated budget. To ensure all health and safety/environmental health compliance.
Apply on Indeed