Prestwick Care, a top care home provider based in the North East of England are currently recruiting for a Part Time Kitchen Assistant at Brooke House. The successful candidate will help the catering team to provide a high standard of food service whilst maintaining excellence in cleanliness.
Brooke House is located in Denton, just outside of Newcastle. It is a state-of-the-art care home which offers stunning views of the whole of the Tyne Valley to its residents. Its spacious and luxurious accommodation gives the sense of comfort and opulence to its residents and families.
- Working with the chefs, carrying out delegated duties which will include food & vegetable preparation.
- Ensure all serveries are stocked with appropriate supplies and kept clean
- Collect dirty crockery and utensils from floors and ensure dishes are washed.
- Clean all equipment used by cook including food trolleys.
- Responsible for cleanliness in the kitchen as it is a high priority, with spillage’s being cleaned up immediately.
- Keeping all work surfaces clean
- Carry out cleaning rotas as required, including fridges, freezers and cookers. (NB also the serving areas).
- Undertake Basic Food Hygiene Course.
- Complies with requirements of the Health & Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times. Information gained about individual residents must not be mentioned outside the home.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Wear appropriate clothing as stated in the company handbook.
- Good, friendly communication skills.
- Able to work within a close team.
- Satisfactory DBS check and check against the ISA List (where applicable).
- Knowledge / experience of health and safety legislation.
- Flexible in approach to working rota.
- Must have impeccable standards of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Food hygiene certificate.
- Experience in working in a catering kitchen.
Should you be interested in this role, please apply with your CV.
Apply on Indeed