Prestwick Care, a top care home provider based in the North East of England are currently recruiting for a Part time Kitchen Assistant at Covent House. The successful candidate will help the catering team to provide a high standard of food service whilst maintaining excellence in cleanliness.
Covent House in located in Birtley. It is a purpose-built care home which provides Dementia Nursing Care, Dementia Residential and General Nursing Care.
- Working with the chefs, carrying out delegated duties which will include food & vegetable preparation.
- Ensure all serveries are stocked with appropriate supplies and kept clean
- Collect dirty crockery and utensils from floors and ensure dishes are washed.
- Clean all equipment used by cook including food trolleys.
- Responsible for cleanliness in the kitchen as it is a high priority, with spillage’s being cleaned up immediately.
- Keeping all work surfaces clean
- Carry out cleaning rotas as required, including fridges, freezers and cookers. (NB also the serving areas).
- Undertake Basic Food Hygiene Course.
- Complies with requirements of the Health & Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times. Information gained about individual residents must not be mentioned outside the home.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Wear appropriate clothing as stated in the company handbook.
- Good, friendly communication skills.
- Able to work within a close team.
- Satisfactory DBS check and check against the ISA List (where applicable).
- Knowledge / experience of health and safety legislation.
- Flexible in approach to working rota.
- Must have impeccable standards of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Food hygiene certificate.
- Experience in working in a catering kitchen.
Should you be interested in this role, please apply with your CV.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 17 per week
- Day shift
- Weekends only
Work Location: In person
Apply on Indeed