Prestwick Care is a successful family run business. We are a top care home provider based in the North East of England.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Operative to work in our exquisite home Melton House.
Melton House opened in 2016 and is situated in Melton Park in Gosforth. It offers stunning views across the Newcastle Racecourse to its residents. It also provides luxurious facilities with a spacious, modern and welcoming environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has previous experience within a similar role and has experience in minor electrical, plumbing and joinery.
REPORTING TO: Home Manager and/or their designate
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- To carry out day to day maintenance on the fabric of the building, its services and grounds in order to ensure that the Care Home is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order.
- Report and action any known defects to appliances, damaged furniture/equipment and any other potential hazards to the Home Manager, who will advise accordingly.
- Test the alarm system, and log results, weekly. Check call points, fire exits, door retaining devices and fire emergency lights, as specified in Company procedures.
- Liaise with Home Manager or delegated Staff Member regarding maintenance work to be carried out.
- Undertake driving duties if required by Home Manager or Person in Charge limiting trips to necessary mileage only i.e. frequent visits to GP should be reduced by planning.
- Be ‘On Call’ for advice/action in any emergencies which may arise out of hours.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- General maintenance knowledge/experience e.g. minor electrical, plumbing, joinery
- Ideally having knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations
- Good communication skills
- Confident team player
- Clean driving license
- Use of car or similar vehicle
- Willingness to receive training on current Health & Safety/Fire/EHO issues
- Satisfactory DBS check and check against the ISA list
- Ability to work on own initiative
Please apply by sending your CV ASAP.To carry out day to day maintenance on the fabric of the building, its services and grounds in order to ensure that the Care Home is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order.
Apply on Indeed