Prestwick Care is a successful family run business, and we have a great opportunity for a Second Chef in our care home Brunswick House in Brunswick Village. This is a great chance to work for a growing care provider within the North East and to work with a talented care team and supportive Home Manager.
Brunswick House is located in the picturesque village of Brunswick just north of Newcastle. It provides the very best in specialist care within a welcoming and homely environment.
Job Title: Second Chef
Location: Brunswick Village
Hours: Full Time
Reporting to: Home Manager
Job Purpose and Scope:
- To assist the Head Chef to provide a high quality catering service and take charge of the service in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To work within company policies and procedures. To ensure Health and Safety and Environmental Health compliance.
Areas of Personal Responsibility and Accountability:
- To assist the Head Chef in creating and maintaining cooking and cleaning regimes (daily, weekly, periodically etc.) for all areas of the kitchen in line with the Company’s quality philosophy.
- To ensure that any special dietary meals are prepared.
- To ensure that adequate food stock controls are in place in the absence of the Chef.
- To ensure than an inventory of kitchen equipment is updated and managed in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To ensure that food handling, cleanliness, health, safety, risk assessments and that all procedures required within the meal preparation areas operate to the highest possible standards.
- To supervise and instruct junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Home, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- To report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
- To understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- To report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- To promote safe working practice in the Care Home.
- To promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
Other Responsibilities/Deputising Requirements:
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Home. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
Why should you apply?
- Full training package
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Increasing portfolio of experience within the homes
- Supportive environment
- Staff Leisure Discount Card
If this vacancy sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply with your CV.
To assist the head chef to provide a high quality catering service and take charge of the service in the absence of the head chef. To work within company policies and procedures. To ensure health and safety and environmental health compliance.
Apply on Indeed