Prestwick Care are currently recruiting for a Unit Manager at Bede House. This is an amazing opportunity for a qualified nurse who is looking for a rewarding career to join Prestwick Care at an exciting time for the Organisation.
Bede House is the newest addition to Prestwick Care since opening in December 2021. Situated in Ryhope, Bede House offers residential care for the elderly, requiring specialist care and nursing. Bede house also offers specialist care for young people with brain injury and persons suffering from underlying mental health conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To oversee/maintain the care of Residents within the Care Home.
· To take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Care Home in the absence of the Home Manager.
· Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual care plans for service users, and assist care staff in their responsibilities.
· Take responsibility for all clinical decisions.
· Carry out all nursing interventions in a professional manner and in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct for nurses.
· Ensure all documentation is completed and evaluated as required by the care home in a timely manner and in accordance with the standards set by Prestwick Care and the NMC.
· Report any ill-health amongst Residents and make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary.
· Ensure the Care Home operates in accordance with all statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations.
· Investigate, record and report incidents/accidents in the absence of the Home Manager.
· Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all Staff Members.
· Order, receive, store, administer or support to self-administer and dispose of medication in accordance with the policy and procedure of Prestwick Care.
What we are looking for:
· Care home experience of around 2 years
· First level nurse
· Previous management/supervisory experience
· Team player
· Satisfactory DBS Check, employment references and check against the ISA List (where applicable)
Why should you apply?
· Full training package
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Increasing portfolio of experience within the homes
· Supportive environment
· Staff Leisure Discount Card
Please don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply with your CV today!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Day shift
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends only
Work Location: In person
Apply on Indeed